Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer camp!

Blogging is SO time consuming. I've been talking a lot about this with my mom lately. She's been working really hard to make her blog, The Chloe Chronicles, something special, and she's doing a fantastic job. I, on the other hand, have recently been elected "Camp Administrator" for the annual youth group camp this summer and it has taken a real toll on my blog writing time. Camp is in a week and a half and very little has actually been done in terms of preparation. I have spent very large chunks of the last five days in the Camp Director's (a local youth pastor) office. On top of keeping the Camp Director in line, I have a house to clean, a husband to feed and spend time with, a pregnancy crisis center to volunteer at, and did I mention that husband to spend time with? Believe it or not he doesn't consider time I spend writing to all my 14 followers quality time with him. Even when I'm doing it right next to him. Crazy, right?

What I was coming here to say was: I haven't been around much lately because I've been SUPER busy with this camp stuff, and will continue to be busy with this camp stuff for the next two weeks. I told you I was going to keep myself busy. But don't worry, I'm not over extending myself. I get a high off doing administration duties. Being able to tell people what to do, and have them listen...it's like crack for me. Seriously. And I'm good, too. I'm very organized. I make lists. I stay on top of deadlines. I keep everyone up to date. I keep all the paperwork in order. I keep copies of all my paperwork in order.

So, since I am single-handedly trying to keep camp and my husband from simultaneously imploding, I've let blogging slide for a bit.

I made a yummy spaghetti dinner with home make garlic bread. The kitchen is sparkling (thanks mostly to my SIL who does my dishes when she comes over for dinner), and speaking of kitchens, now it is time to assign Kitchen Clean Up for the campers. Yippie!!

6 comments:

  1. So you are sort of like the camp commander then? Do people live in fear of your clipboard? Do you make people do lines if they miss deadlines? Do you have team shirts with yours saying 'I'm in charge'?

    Seriously I am sure you are worth your weight in gold, most Christian group I know are in need of major organisation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it's great to know what your gifts are, and to enjoy exercising them. You go, girl. Give them campers hell! Oh, wait...That's probably not the goal here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great summer. Those kids are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I see I was in too much of a hurry to even notice all my typos, including that pesky extra M in Summer. *sigh*

    Tabitha: I SHOULD get a T-shirt like that.

    Susan: You're right, it's not the goal. The students get some grace. The staff on the other hand...I'm bringing my extra heavy clipboard for them.

    Robin: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the blog visit and sweet comment. I hope you get your wish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! You are a better woman than I am. Really.

    ReplyDelete