Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Busy, busy day


I have decided not to sit on my butt. I want to be a mom, but I'm not. It is not helpful to anyone or anything when I just sit here depressed and waiting. I have put my life on hold because I have been waiting. Well...no more waiting! I need to not spend all my time in this awkward limbo. First things first: yesterday I got off my bum and put in some Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to get my blood pumping.

Today I went with Jake to some meetings he had. He needed me to help him with measurements and sketches (I have much neater hand writing than he does) and so I went along.

After that I met with one of the local youth pastors to discuss this summer's youth camp. I used to be really involved in youth ministry and have been backing off lately. It's been a nice break, but I feel like I could be more involved now. I offered my administrative talents and we got a lot done today. I'm really excited.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with the pastor at my own church to talk about children's Sunday school. He had contacted me back in December about helping him revamp the children's Sunday school group, and I have been putting it off because I didn't want to become too enmeshed in a bunch of different ministries and then want to back out when I got pregnant.

No. More. Waiting.

5 comments:

  1. Keeping busy is a great help to me. I do better when I don't have much time to think. I'm not sure what that says about me. :)
    Good for you, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words on my SITS feature day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it - sitting around is not helpful (and makes your bum spread) ask me how I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Andrea... I do better when I don't have much time to think as well. Staying busy is a really good thing, Rachel. :-)

    ReplyDelete