Saturday, March 12, 2011

Now what?

I have a couple followers now. Not a couple. Four. And I have comments now. Six. I didn't want to admit that I counted, or have been paying attention to that sort of thing, but I did, and I do. But now that you're here, and I know you're here, I don't know what to do. Maybe it's because there is no real purpose to this blog. I don't have any direction. I'm not planning a really awesome cross country road trip. I'm not an amazing prayer warrior with tons of wisdom about life. I'm not a cancer survivor. I'm not (I tried to wrap my mom up in a single sentence, but I just can't. She's too complicated) my mom. But on the up side, I'm able to check out all my followers and learn who they are. :) So welcome, and thanks for following.

I'm flattered that you've followed, although I really don't know why. Well, I know why mom did, and I'm pretty sure I know why Susan did (or at least I assume) but I don't even know you other ladies. What could I possibly have to offer you? And the commentators? As far as I can tell, you all probably have much more interesting lives than I do. I re-titled my blog a couple times in it's remaking, trying to come up with the best name. I finally settled on "a day in the life of a young wife" because I guess that's my direction. Why would that direction be interesting to anyone who isn't a young wife, or my mom, or my mom's friend? And even to them? I don't know. But I really appreciate you being here. I assume that I'll have some epiphany or something in the future and become really famous in the blog world and you'll be glad you stuck with me all that time, and you can say you knew me when, but it might never happen. Just a heads up.

This is me with no direction. Sad, right?
Anyways, I don't mean to be all whiny, but since this is my blog, and I can write whatever I want, and I don't want to NOT write, because then I just stop writing all together, this is what I wrote about today. And that is an example of me writing how I talk, in sentences all pushed together. I don't do this in real papers, just so you know. My momma taught me well. I at least KNOW that I have bad writing edict when blogging. However, through writing this post, I got an idea for another one. So thanks for listening. :)

5 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I know your mom through the SL forums and know you as Princess Sweet Pea or Sweetie Pie or something like that. It's been a few years, but I remember being so blessed by her openness about her relationship with you. I was so blessed by your commitment to purity and the story of how you came to know your husband and how your parents were both so involved with your courtship.

    Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you what you have to give to someone like me (aka the cancer survivor): In the post about your mom, I was SO, SO BLESSED to see how much you honor your mom. I have a 15 year old daughter, and over the past several years, there have been times that I have thought to myself, "I wonder how Chloe would handle this." And by reading your blog, it gives me a glimpse into a future relationship with my own daughter. Your thoughts, however random they may be, give me perspective into what my own daughter may be feeling and experiencing as she moves into adulthood.

    Please don't think that you don't have anything to give. My advice: just be yourself. You don't have to force your thoughts into a neat little box. My personal blog has sat silent for awhile, and I've come to realize that that's OK. When I have something to say, I'll say it!

    Just keep being the young woman that God has created you to be, and as He gives you things to say, I'm sure that others will be blessed!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouragement Monica. I feel blessed knowing you're reading my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following you because you're following me!!! That way, we can chase each other's tails. (And tales.)

    Wait. That's not all.

    I'm following you because I met you and I grew to love you IRL. You are a Fun Girl in training, with HEAPS to offer this world, including joy, love, enthusiasm, and hope. Just by being who God made you to be, you are a blessing to me. I'm richer for having met you. I'm hopeful for the sake of my own kids, because I've met you. And, if I can be a support to you as you go, I would take great delight in doing that.

    :hug:

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Complicated?" Oh Lordy.

    I sure do love you and I cannot wait to see what unfolds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following your blog cuz your Mom told me to. Well, that's not *exactly* true, she just said to check it out. Not just to me, but everyone on fb. :)

    Anyway--even though you don't know me, I feel as if I know you a bit as I lurked -a lot- on SL way back when.

    So, there you have it. :)

    Thea

    ReplyDelete