Friday, July 15, 2011

Moving to WordPress

My mommy made me.

So I'm working on that. It's really confusing and makes my head hurt. I want to quit and I've only been at it for a few hours. I've already called her six or seven times tonight just to have her tell me I'm doing the right thing. Not that she had the guts to do it herself. No, she's making her own daughter walk through the fire before her. Harumph. I see how it is.

But I guess she's sorta right. If I plan on making this (at the very least) an involved hobby, I may as well make this switch while I only have 14 readers. Although, I did have 175 views after I finished our courtship story. I guess I'll be posting more about that. So, all 175 of you, can you please follow me over to WordPress? Or at least can the 14 of you come looking for me if you don't see anything from me in for a while?

Feel free to check it out. It's totally still a work in progress, so be patient with me. Looks like all my posts and comments moved over there, but it's much more complicated to play with Widgets and make the page look how I want. Also, while my links are intact, they all bring you back to blogger. Not that I'm against that, but I guess the point of moving to WordPress is to be self contained over there. So I have to figure out if there is an easier way to fix them that doesn't involved updating each link individually. I am not hopeful of an easy fix.


sandalsinthesnow.com

Look Mom, I have a domain name!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool domain name. It makes you think! It also, to me, depicts someone who does things their own way, and makes me think of myself as a 10 year old in Minnesota, visiting grandma and grandpa in December. I wanted some clean snow, and ran outside barefoot to scoop up a cup of it. The little old lady neighbor said she almost choked on her coffee as she had never seen anything like that before in her life!! That crazy California girl, she said! Kristy

    PS, I'm friends with your mom on FB, due to crossing paths on SL just once. She keeps sending us all over here to your blog, so I thought I'd introduce myself!! Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, "Sandals in the Snow" would be a great blog name too, if you're looking for something timeless and that could follow you through all the seasons of your life. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, don't mind me. It's late and I should be in bed instead of reading blogs! That IS your new blog name. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT new blog name!!! Absolutely love it!!! Two thumbs way up!!! And I expect I'll be calling you for advice, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristy, thanks for the encouragement. And I love the story about getting snow barefoot. I'm not that brave. ;)

    Susan, glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.labnol.org/internet/switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress/9707/

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete