Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm a winner!!

Look mom! I'm bi-winning!
Yes, that's a Charlie Sheen reference. I'm not above using them. In fact, we had lots of fun with them that night. Oh, and PSP is my online identity. It stands for Princess Sweetie Pea. Don't worry, I don't expect you to call me that.

Princess or Your Highness will be acceptable.

Anyways, I won a local karaoke contest. It's not a huge deal, but I'm still pretty stoked. There is one every week until the beginning of May, then all the winners (20 or so) compete against each other at the end of May. The winner of that gets a free ride to Texas for the semi-final national competition against 99 other contestants. I made it this far last year, then my own father beat me out in the regional competition. He got a trip to Vegas. TH and I were able to go with my mom and dad and had a pretty darn good time...but I ended up being very happy I wasn't competing. When you're up against the best 99 out of 2500 singers...there are some really good ones. It was stressful, to say the least.


Jake and Dad chillin'
 




Pretending we're someplace romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment