Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hakuna Matata

Yesterday I was walking down the street on my way to work, and I parked on the side of the street was a large while truck.It looked like the grill was growing some foliage. "What did they drive through?" As I got closer, it looked like the "leaves" were moving. I walked right up the truck and noticed something weird about the "leaves." They weren't leaves at all. The entire grill and bumper of this truck was covered in butterflies. Little, helpless monarch butterflies. Their wings were left to blow in the wind. One of the butterflies floated lifelessly down to the street. I followed it's movement to the ground and saw some more bodies scattered across the asphalt. It looked like a battlefield. I stood in awe, thinking about the cloud of butterflies this truck must have driven through to be so thoroughly coated in guts. I'd like to say that I was filled with creativity and inspired to write a powerful blog, however, as I walked in the door I forgot about the butterflies.

Later in the evening while I was sweeping in the lounge, I found myself looking out the window towards the parking space that the truck had been in hours earlier. I noticed the parking space because it was now full of crows. I looked closer and noticed that they were all picking up dead butterflies. Again, I'd like to say that I was filled with inspiration, or that I suddenly had a deeper knowledge or understanding of some profound topic...but instead my co-worker and I started singing this:

No comments:

Post a Comment