Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Insecurity exists in the absence of knowledge

Last night I had a chance to be completely vulnerable to Jake. I worked really hard to put aside my insecurities and tried to keep my mind from getting in the way. I really feel so much closer to my husband now. I am even more confident that he loves me. I am even more confident that he wants me. I tried to explain this to him, and he really doesn't get it. But there are things that I don't get about him, so it evens out. We just trust that we are being completely honest with each other, and everything else falls into place.

Knowing that Jake will listen to A, do B, and isn't ashamed of knowing C feeds my confidence. Having someone I can bare my soul too and not have to be afraid of ridicule or mockery is truly freeing. It also compels me to do the same for him.

Marriage is a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment